Responsible for managing all aspects of facility maintenance, including preventative maintenance programs on conveyors and equipment. Trains maintenance personnel to perform their jobs according to the proper standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Responsible for building security, safety, reviewing facilities to maintain compliance to government regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Participates in candidate selection, delivers disciplinary action, conducts performance reviews and feedback sessions with employees. Promotes a friendly environment and cooperation among team members. Reconciles and approves time detail for employees in e-time system.
- Recommends and develops ideas for improvement in operating methods and procedures.
- Oversees building and grounds maintenance including collecting and negotiating bids for facility projects, coordinating projects to fit the business needs and oversees the quality of work performed by external contractor/vendor services.
- Maintains safety standards and training in the department; ensures that the building is maintained in a clean and safe manner which includes performing monthly operational/safety inspections.
- Serves as a liaison with corporate engineering, local fire and police and other town officials as needed.
- Establishes and oversees Lock Out/Tag Out programs, Hot Work permits, confined space entry programs, facility emergency response plans and other required safety programs.
- Issues and maintains security access cards and keys to the appropriate levels of employees for the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree, Supply Chain, or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive supervisory experience required in a distribution environment with extensive knowledge of conveyor systems, electrical test equipment, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, scan optics, pneumatics, fire sprinkler systems, OSHA regulations and regulatory/DOT.
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials and hazardous waste management preferred.
- Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate to employees, peers, various levels of management.
- Self motivated with strong written, communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Computer literate be able to utilize Microsoft Outlook and Word. Must have exposure to a WMS (Warehouse Management System).
- Leader should have or be willing to obtain a forklift certification and have prior experience operating a powered industrial truck, preferably cherry picker and stand-up forklifts.
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and push up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Flexibility and open to re-location within the U.S. distribution network.
- Role model leader with ability to lead with the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position (has/has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.