Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
The Digital Engineering team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment world-class software products. We are looking to hire individuals with experience with software development and test engineering in clinical and research settings, and who can help us solve the next wave of technical challenges using the latest cloud-based, big-data, and rich analytics tool sets.
- Gathering and analyzing technical specifications
- Managing product backlog, user stories and cross-product dependencies
- Meeting with customers to understand their use of the Cloud Platform and translating these requirements to product use cases and scenarios
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle
- Understanding long-term product vision and roadmap, translating that into User Stories for the team
- Identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the requirements, and communicate those requirements to the development team.
- Participating in agile activities including product demonstrations, retrospectives, backlog grooming and sprint planning
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a similar/complementary role, should have technical background
- Experience managing highly visible projects with Agile project management principles and practices.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and numerous customers and stakeholders with various requirements
- Ability to prioritize work, clarify requirements, and drive user stories to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to establish credibility and influence within the internal organization
- Cloud technology – AWS EC2, IAM, SQS, SNS, RDS or equivalent OpenStack, Google Cloud or Azure technologies
- RESTful Microservices
- NoSQL – Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Cloud architecture – loosely coupled systems, fault-tolerance, HA, scalability
- Agile Certification
- Open source software management
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
BS Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
Location and Work Environment:
We are hiring in Bangalore, India. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.