Position: Quality Control (QC) Laboratory Technician
Location: East Grinstead
The Microbiology Division (MBD) sits within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group. Our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
The MBD East Grinstead site is the only manufacture of the Sensititre product range, which includes anti-microbial susceptibility testing (AST) products. Our AST products are used globally to determine which antibiotics a particular bacteria, such as e-coli, MRSA or e-tuberculosis, is sensitive or resistant to.
The Sensititre products can to help ensure patients are on the most appropriate treatment plan and are intended to be used in medical, pharmaceutical and veterinary markets. The manufacturing of medical devices is a highly regulated industry, and Thermo Fisher Scientific employees are critical to ensuring that we remain compliant with regulatory bodies and codes, including the FDA and ISO, to be able to continue making a difference.
As part of the Quality function, the Quality Control team ensures that all raw materials, intermediates and final products are tested and released accordingly to specification. Reporting to the QC Team Leader, the QC Lab Technician undertakes the preparation of media and cultures required for Quality Control testing of Sensititre Susceptibility and Identification products.
• You will undertake the testing and inspection of raw materials, intermediates and finished products (testing of Sensititre susceptibility and identification products);
• Ensuring appropriate approvals are in place, you will follow manufacturing processes and associated documentation;
• Alongside your colleagues, you will ensure that quality documentation is adequately maintained (Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Control worksheets);
• You will be responsible for contamination control within the manufacturing facilities.
• You will be responsible for completing out of specification/non conformity reports and concessions;
• Contributing to the general laboratory upkeep, you will calibrate equipment and instruments, maintain laboratory stock, and maintain cultures for laboratory.
• With excellent attention to detail, you are able to follow procedures to ensure an optimum result;
• You can communicate efficiently with a range of people whilst adapting your style to foster effective collaboration;
• You are skilled at organising your time and priorities to ensure that deadlines and lead times are met;
• You have gained relevant scientific knowledge through school education or experience.
· Competitive salary
· Core benefits including: a generous annual leave allowance, private medical insurance, pension and employee assistance programme
· Flexible benefits including: cycle to work scheme, annual gym pass scheme and other salary sacrifice options
Our East Grinstead site operates core hours of 8.15 – 17.15 with a proposal to operate 7 days a week. You would be required to work a number of shifts across the working week.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com