When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Priority Solutions International, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a Life Science specialty logistics provider. Our focus on product integrity across the full supply chain including samples, urgent care and trade product is best-in-class and aligned with Life Science Quality Assurance requirements. Our industry business intelligence across multiple clients, adherence to regulatory requirements and deviation prevention mechanisms provides both tangible and intangible cost savings. This is why the largest global pharmaceutical companies have come to rely on us to support their very specific logistics needs. http://www.prioritysolutions.com
Accounting expert who oversees all accounting and financial operations including all financial reporting and analysis and the implementation and monitoring of internal controls and compliance with guidelines and standards.
- Mange and improve the month-end and quarter-end close and reporting process, prepare timely, accurate and complete monthly and quarterly financial accounts to fulfill local and corporate reporting requirements
- Review and prepare account reconciliations, journal entries, and variance analysis and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented and audit ready.
- Maintain full ownership of the General ledger to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Responsible for banking and cash management, contract compliance, assisting with pricing and quotes, interaction with insurance companies, implementation of new operation and financial software.
- Manage sales and corporate tax compliance and relationship with corporate parent
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve internal processes to ensure sufficient support for changing business dynamics; meet with business partners, understand needs and develop execution plans for improvement
- Completes other projects and ad hoc analyses as needed by the Finance Director
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial analysis, such as year over year variances, actual to budget/forecast, and trend for balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Manage accounting functions, including General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Administration
- Manage, coach and develop the accounting team to enable professional and technical growth
- Manage internal and external audits
- Implement controls that are in adherence with SOX and US GAAP
- Build strong organizational alliances and work to proactively understand and mitigate risk, as well as capture opportunities, provide value-added analytical support to facilitate strategic decisions for senior management.
- Ability to work with all departments to prepare their annual budgets, simplifying the reporting and tracking of the budgets throughout the year, and ability to upload budgets from our local system to a divisional template / system
- Support and develop processes for new areas of business support
CPA with 5-10 years of related experience
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Licensed CPA with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting &/or Finance (Masters preferred).
- Strong abstract reasoning, problem solving and must have strong organizational skills and management abilities.
- Detail orientated and self motivated person who is able to prioritize tasks and motivate staff from all departments.
- Passion for leading and implementing process improvements in tactical and strategic activities
- Requires a four-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Requires 5-10 years of progressive experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Requires expert level Excel skills including use of Pivot tables and V-Lookups
- Prefer Oracle HFM / Essbase
- Prefer experience in upgrading or implementing ERP systems
Apply today at http://jobs.thermofisher.com