When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Associate Product Manager will be part of a high performing team within Cell Biology business. This person will help manage a broad and extensive cell culture product portfolio under the Gibco brand name. Responsibilities cover all aspects of product management, from developing long-range product roadmap to product lifecycle management. This includes identifying, establishing and managing strategic relationships with customers, suppliers and industry opinion leaders. The Associate Product Manager plays an important role in revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives of the product portfolio assigned.
What will you do?
- Manage the lifecycle of the existing product portfolio. Responsibilities include pricing /margin optimization, SKU rationalization, sales training, optimize inventory strategy, global region expansion and manufacturing strategy;
- Support the development of long-term product strategies;
- Perform market research; define market trends, investigate customer needs, define product concept, customer requirements, and product requirements;
- Serve as product champion with internal stakeholders, regional teams, and directly with key accounts through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, product value proposition, pricing tactics, and customer support;
- Work collaboratively with Operation, R&D, project managers, market development managers and key functional stakeholders across the organization.
- Support financial planning during the annual budget cycle; support monthly business review.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- MBA highly preferred.
- 3 years in a similar or relevant role
- Needs to be very comfortable with data. Experience with financial modeling and data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results.
- Experience with product lifecycle management
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure and partner seamlessly within the organization.
- Up to 20% travel required both domestic and international
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com