Position: Production Technician
Location: East Grinstead
The Microbiology Division (MBD) sits within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group. Our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
The MBD East Grinstead site is the only manufacture of the Sensititre product range, which includes anti-microbial susceptibility testing (AST) products. Our AST products are used globally to determine which antibiotics a particular bacteria, such as e-coli, MRSA or e-tuberculosis, is sensitive or resistant to.
The Sensititre products can to help ensure patients are on the most appropriate treatment plan and are intended to be used in medical, pharmaceutical and veterinary markets. The manufacturing of medical devices is a highly regulated industry, and Thermo Fisher Scientific employees are critical to ensuring that we remain compliant with regulatory bodies and codes, including the FDA and ISO, to be able to continue making a difference.
The Production Department is comprised of the Production Laboratory and the Process Department and is responsible for daily high volume batch manufacture of the Sensititre product. The team of 11 comprises of Senior Laboratory Technicians, Laboratory Technicians and a Production Laboratory Aide, report in to the Production Team Lead. The Production Technician is primarily focused on working within the Production Laboratory as well setting up the batch manufacturing in a controlled clean area.
- You will prepare antimicrobic solutions including the weighing of antimicrobic powders, dissolution of the antimicrobics and dilution of subsequent stock solutions;
- Maintaining the laboratory equipment, you will undertake the setting up of dispensing and monitoring of pumps for batch production, washing and autoclaving of equipment, as well as the daily and weekly monitoring/calibration of equipment;
- Working with your team, you will manufacture identification media and accessory products.
- You have good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise your tasks;
- With excellent attention to detail, you are able to accurately update and maintain documents;
- You are able to use your communication skills to collaborate clearly and effectively with your colleagues;
- You are able to use your initiative to trouble shoot problems with a focus on positive solution.
- Competitive salary
- Core benefits including: a generous annual leave allowance, private medical insurance, pension and employee assistance programme
- Flexible benefits including: cycle to work scheme, annual gym pass scheme and other salary sacrifice options
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com