- Ensures customer allegiance through excellence in repair and support of customers’ products.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and scheduling of all aspects of the service event.
- Provides rapid, courteous, and knowledgeable response to all customers inquires.
- Schedules and delivers thorough preventative maintenance service to ensure maximum uptime of customer equipment.
- Serves as customer advocate and manages escalation of unresolved customer or technical issues to Management, Service Product Specialists, and Quality.
- Provides customer product operation training and technical support to in-house repair technicians as required.
- Supports distribution channel and PSP/ASP network through training, joint visits, technical and product support as needed.
Policy and Procedure
- Submits accurate and detailed service orders, productivity data (hours), expense reports, and quality feedback in a timely manner and maintains records per organizational policy.
- Adheres to all corporate and service division policies regarding safe work practices and service vehicle operation.
- Provide territory cross-coverage and depot repair support as required.
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO registration.
- Assists Accounts Receivable Department in collecting past due invoices.
- Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
- Attends new product technical and introduction training, advanced and update training, and regional/national service meetings as required.
Services and Product Sales
- Actively promotes and sells installations, extended service contracts, preventative maintenance, time & material service, service parts kits and consumables, service training, validation, and wireless monitoring services.
- Advises customer of new products and upgrades and passes sales opportunities to account representatives.
- Partner with account representative to conduct joint safety inspections and product shows.
- Support area trade shows by providing set-up and tear-down support when required.
- Keeps up to date on new product introductions, technologies, market changes, competitors’ products and new customer applications
Skills and Knowledge
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics
- Must have a Refrigeration background and knowledge
- Separation products background a plus
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, & negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills, working across all levels, functions and regions
- Basic PC skills
Key Competencies and Values
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Soft Selling
- Thermo Values
Key Business Metrics
- Customer Allegiance
- Incremental Service Revenue
- Ability to lift 75 Lbs without assistance 15% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 10%.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Experience and Education
- Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent education or experience.
- Strong electrical and mechanical background.
- Refrigeration Experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.