The Capillary Electrophoresis R&D team has an open position for an experienced scientist to take a leading role in the transfer of molecular biology products from R&D to manufacturing and provide technical support to manufacturing for on-market products. The successful candidate should have a proven track record in developing products within a robust product development process and have the technical capability to develop experimental hypotheses, design and perform experiments, analyze data sets, and write protocols and reports. In addition, this position requires interacting with project teams remotely so applicants should have good written and oral communication skills and be comfortable working independently without direct, day-to-day supervision.
- MS or PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field.
- Experience with Sanger sequencing, PCR and capillary electrophoresis is highly desirable.
- Exercises independent judgment within defined procedures and is disciplined to be action-oriented.
- Problem solves using knowledge of technical product details, design control and basic regulatory issues.
- Recommends and executes changes to processes, procedures or products internally to the department.
- Possesses strong computer skills and can manage and analyze data sets.
- Follows strict operating procedures in a regulated environment (ISO13485, ISO9001, GMP, etc…)