The Synthetic Biology team in Pleasanton is seeking a biologist with experiences in the area of molecular biology/biotechnology with focus on software aided sequence analysis to support our manufacturing operations in organization and execution of production flow as well as reporting and documentation of production results and final release of our products. This role will support the optimization of workflows and improving product quality. Strong time management and organizational skills along with interpersonal skills and ability to participate effectively in multidisciplinary teams to solve problems in manufacturing environment are essential.
Responsible for computer aided DNA sequence analysis in high throughput environment, tracking, monitoring and controlling of manufacturing samples, final sample preparation, and additional lab and office work.
- Perform computer based sequence analysis of synthetic genes
- Assist with office and lab work when required.
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards.
- Address and report any problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
- Complete projects as assigned and obtain high quality results.
- Periodically review and discuss your priorities with supervisor.
- Communicate with rest of manufacturing team as needed
- Critically review processes and provide input to supervisor.
- Proactively identify areas for opportunity and drive efficiency results.
- Proficient in manufacturing processes.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure on-time delivery.
- Perform in-process quality assurance and quality control.
- Achieve high productivity by reliable and punctual attendance.
- Use highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in daily manufacturing.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily (working O/T may be required).
- Switch of shift to a four 10 hour days a week schedule likely once training is completed.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or equivalent with 1 - 3 years of experience.
- Strong “hands-on” laboratory skills in molecular biology and instrumentation are a desirable
- ability to communicate effectively with people in other disciplines
- Experience in a manufacturing environment