Job Title: Health and Safety Coordinator
Group/Division: LSG / Laboratory Chemicals Division
Career Band: 5
Location/Division Specific Information
We have an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Coordinator on a 12 to 18 month fixed term contract to be based in Loughborough working for our Laboratory Chemicals Decision which is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG).
How will you make an impact?
You will use your previous experience and knowledge of creating and writing health & safety processes and procedures on our management system. Attention to detail is essential so you will be focused in ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with legislation and company procedures. You will be augmenting the current department to ensure the introduction of an appropriate management system that encompasses the full range of disciplines within SHEF (Safety, Health, Environment & Fire). You will use your excellent communication skills to provide a help-desk type approach to assisting and supporting all departments review Safe Operating Procedures to assure suitability.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- determining ways of reducing risks through procedural control
- writing internal health and safety and environmental operational and advise on safe operating strategies
- writing reports, bulletins and newsletters as appropriate
- making presentations to groups of employees/managers
- providing health and safety meetings and training courses for employees
- keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a range of people and to give presentations to groups;
- negotiating skills to convince managers of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation;
- patience and diplomacy because the profession requires a collaborative approach;
- the ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately;
- an investigative mind;
- IT skills and the ability to work within a quality process
- attention to detail;
- producing procedures and material clearly and concisely, making sure it can be easily understood and followed
- editing, proofreading and indexing with attention to detail;
- testing the written material with users
Qualifications and Experience
- As a minimum NEBOSH certificate
- Experience in the chemical industry
- Experience in writing safe operating procedures and procedures for safety and environmental.
Closing date for applications: Monday 30th April 2018.
For further information or for an informal chat please contact Noaman Hussain, Recruiter, on 07464 531867 or via email email@example.com.