Field Service Engineer – 2 years contract
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands: Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Field Service Engineer – Rome/Italy
What will you do?
By joining the Global Services Division (GSD), which is part of the Life Science Technologies Group (LSG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be part of Service team.
Within our team you will be responsible for proving technical support and assistance on the field on specific Thermo Fisher Scientific Instrumentation to all accounts within Italy.
In specific you will work with customers and provide unique solutions that enable breakthrough discoveries, solve complex scientific challenges or meet routine testing needs. You'll have responsibility to overall customer satisfaction within one or across a variety of markets like academic, pharmaceutical/biopharma, food safety, environmental and clinical.
What will be your key duties and responsibilities?
- Delivers professional Service activities (installation and associated training, maintenance, reparation, assistance etc.) in order to provide an optimum Service support to all the local
- customers to achieve loyalty.
- Contributes to achieve specific Service related targets as defined for revenues, profit, service order volume, etc. - while complying with internal rules and practices.
- Acts within general Service policies, business processes and procedures (PPP) and local procedures and rules.
- Performs service activities within guidelines and in compliance with internal & customer procedures and regulations. This means mainly: Installs, repairs, maintenance and instruction of use of instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations.
- Provides responsive telephone and on-site support and generally work to ensure that customer is successful in the use of Life Technologies Instrumentation.
- Assures the professional relationship with existing customers to achieve customer loyalty to our company.
- Utilization of the Escalation Procedure as appropriate.
- Assures own related asset management including spare parts stock, company car,
- telephone, tools, software and computers, calibrations, literature etc.
- Coordinates own work schedule with relevant partners (service coordinator, team leader, colleagues). Produces timely and accurate reports of the own activities as appropriate: i.e. engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports etc. (via e-mail or written).
- Assures that its own activities are in line with the activities of the rest of the local commercial organization (sales & support) and informs customers of company's other product and services.
How will you get here?
- Min BSc in Biomedical Engineering, Electronic engineering, , clinical engineering, life science , Molecular Biology or related subjects.
- Troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Computer literate.
- Good verbal and written command of the English and Italian (technical) language.
- Past experience in a relevant service function and remote field based on-site work., or experience as end user of our instruments
- Experience in Clinical Engineering and/or the use of Sanger Sequencer, PCR Real Time , NGS Sequencer instruments desired.
- Excellent communication and keen to build solid business relationships.
- Ability to travel Through Italy and Europe (50-75% abroad).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.