Construction of all levels of electromechanical assemblies and standard equipment, including testing of robot system operation, in a continuous improvement environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of building major subassemblies, final robot , and peripheral equipment including automated systems assembly.
- Evaluate and/or test all levels of assemblies for acceptability
- Ensure assemblies conform to LAI Quality System standards
- Pre and post system testing of standard robot systems and peripheral equipment
- Pre-shipping inspection of integrated robot systems as required
- Maintain test records and other forms of production data
- Troubleshoot mechanical and rudimentary electronic problems when required
- Work with minimal supervision
- Manage workload within team and adjust excesses/shortages as required
- Partake in peer training amongst production team
- Identify and record changes to Bills of Materials
- Identify and record changes to Work Instructions
- Contribute to lean manufacturing philosophy through suggestions of how to improve processes (i.e. cycle time reduction, safety enhancement) and/or products (i.e. cost reduction, quality improvement)
- Assist other departments, including documentation and manufacturing engineering, with product and process improvements
- Assist Quality group in determining part defects and non-conformances.
- Accurately report labour time as required
- Qualified to build standard products assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Qualified to sign off on own work
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- University or college graduate in electrical or mechanical disciplines, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years experience
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Travel 0- 10%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary to Perform Essential Functions:
- PC software applications
- Mechanically adept with drawing knowledge.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational, planning and time-management skills.
- good hand eye coordination