When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Driven by our goal oriented team of service experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
This position will be remotely based in our Oakwood Village Ohio location.
How will you make an impact?
You will play a critical role in VersaTREK and SWIN remediation projects to ensure that we meet current commitments to Sensititre
customers and to provide SWIN database updates annually.
What will you do?
Responsible for developing and maintaining:
- Requirements for SWIN updates including reference data (interpretations and expert system updates to comply with FDA, CLSI, and EUCAST standards, organism taxonomy, and changes synchronized with Technical Insert release updates).
- For VersaTREK and Sensititre product lines works with Software Development and other team members to ensure customer requirements are clearly understood and that systems are built to specifications
- Acts as an internal customer advocate within VersaTREK and Sensititre product development and maintenance programs
- Translate changes in EUCAST and CLSI standards into product requirements and software requirements
- Work with other MBD R&D team members to keep SWIN organism list current with taxonomy changes
- Work with other MBD employees to synchronize changes to SWIN arising from FDA 510k drug approvals, Technical Insert changes, limitations, etc.
- Work with MBD Software Development and Verification staff to provide clarification and guidance throughout the product development lifecycle of MBD’s software-based products
- Work with other MBD employees to identify and clarify MBD product risks
- Provide support for testing and verification of MBD’s software-based products including SWIN, VersaTREK, Microbact, and RapID
- Provide support for clinical trials and design validation of MBD’s software-based products including SWIN, VersaTREK, Microbact, and RapID
How will you get here?
- B.A. or B.S. with related courses in microbiology, strong background in life sciences.
- Minimum of two years of experience in one or more of the following: product development, process development, project development, R&D is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microbiology and Microbiology Lab
- Detail oriented and able to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting with little direction and with direct supervision.
- Must possess good English communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and verbal English communications including following standard operating procedures.
- Experience with blood culture systems and/or antimicrobic susceptibility is strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage and plan multiple projects.
- Analytical skills, good problem solving technique
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Ability to work with and collaborate with team members as well as others.
- Ability to read and understand microbiology laboratory standards and guidelines, especially those used for antimicrobial susceptibility testing
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.