Ensures the proper set up and operation of the encapsulation machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- At the start of the shift, performs check of all products and understands when change overs will occur and prepares for change overs.
- Checks the actual operation of all lines at the start of the shift and periodically throughout the shift. Checks the quality of the product and makes adjustments as needed.
- Reviews all paperwork to ensure completeness and accuracy. Also, checks paperwork on tanks. Ensures all required quality checks are being completed according to work instructions. Performs all checks as required and documents activities.
- Prepares for, assists with, and monitors the execution of changeovers. This includes insuring the correct materials and equipment are available. Upon completion of the changeover, completes all required paperwork and obtains approval.
- Responsible for cleaning equipment as required and ensures that equipment is visually clean and documented properly before use.
- Assists with cleaning of the Encapsulation area and any duties as needed. May be required to perform other reasonable, related business duties.
- Assists with the training of operators to enhance team performance and to increase personal knowledge of Encapsulation.
- Informs Lead Operators and Operators of all adjustments made to the machine to ensure quality at all times. Adjustments may include something as simple as temperature adjustments after a gel change.
- Assist Lead Operators and Operators to determine reasons for machine problems and make repairs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, an individual must uphold the standards of conduct of the company, which include confidentiality, cooperation and respect for people and property. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED and six months to one year related experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences and to make entries in logbooks and on check sheets. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures and policies, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to write simple correspondence, reports and complete required paperwork. Ability to understand and implement management directives.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
Ability to add and subtract in all units of measure, including time, volume, weight and distance, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs, compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed uninvolved written, oral or diagram instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to use measuring instruments and simple hand tools. Ability to be attentive to task at hand. Ability to understand and follow management and supervisory directives. Ability to plan ahead, organize and other project management skills. Demonstrated mechanical ability. Ability to perform all duties required of an Operator.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must meet applicable DEA security clearance requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.