ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts chemical experiments and or analysis in laboratory as instructed by a senior staff supervisor
- Accurately records and reports experiments and scientific findings per assigned departmental standards in a timely manner to meet project objectives
- Consistently complies with Thermo Fisher housekeeping standards
- Implements cGMP procedures
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment within the framework of OSHA, cGMP, safety regulations and Thermo Fisher SOPs
Laboratory personnel will be responsible for disposing of any hazardous waste they generate in accordance with Thermo Fisher’s Hazardous Waste Training including but not limited to:
- DHEC and EPA Hazardous Waste requirements
- Hazardous Waste Satellite Area definition and requirements
- Hazardous Waste container requirements
- Hazardous Waste Labeling
- Emergency Response Plan
1-EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS/BA Degree in chemistry or BS in science plus appropriate experience.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle/feel, and talk/hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment may contain toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is moderate.