- Investigates, creates, and validates new scientific methodologies used to control raw materials, production intermediates, and final products on a diverse scope of projects. May be involved in pre-clinical, clinical, and/or post-marketing stages of drug development.
- Works on technical/scientific project activities to execute strategies and technical solutions that meet client needs and expectations.
- Participates in technical discussions with clients.
- Engages in creation of processes and equipment design for clinical, scale up, and/or registration batches, including technology transfer of projects to and from clients.
- Evaluates and contributes to the design of manufacturing processes and supports problem solving as necessary with independent judgement.
- Typically works in a specific scientific area, such as analytical development, cell culture, purification, process validation, formulations, and/or manufacturing technical support. Makes decisions that require choosing between multiple options or may develop new options to resolve moderately complex problems.
- This is typically the hiring level for a PhD with no industry experience.
- Contributes to development of pieces of scientific strategy.
- Contributes to development of realistic proposals and timelines.
- Participates in and may lead relevant meetings/teleconferences with clients.
- Develops methods and processes that meet or exceed the expectations from clients and provide innovation as necessary.
- Researches industry practices and processes and applies to innovative development internally and for client products.
- Presents research internally and to clients.
- Leads projects with minimal supervision; may lead projects, including managing project timelines and deliverables.
- Contributes to creation of new methodologies and processes.
- Analyzes problems related to the conduct of experiments.
- Liaises with internal scientific, analytical, and laboratory functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and Safety guidelines.
- Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related physical science. Ideally looking for an entry-level PhD candidate.
Must be experienced with synthetic organic chemistry. Typically requires 5 years of scientific industry experience, including 3 years in a related life sciences field. If related Master's degree, typically requires 3 years of related industry experience. If related PhD, typically requires no prior industry experience.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Deep knowledge of varied aspects or a specialized aspect of a discipline. Good knowledge of scientific methodology as related to the pharmaceutical industry. Good knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Excellent critical and logical thinking skills. Effective written, interpersonal, and presentation skills, including managing technical discussions with internal and external clients. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to develop knowledge and skills in pharmaceutical processes, equipment, instrumentation, and procedures. Ability to develop technical solutions.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand and walk; ability to lift and/or carry light objects of up to 25 lbs. for brief periods.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.