When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for an ambitious biologist to work in our Sales Team as a
Sales Representative/ Account Manager (m/f), Field Sales in Basel and Freiburg, located in Switzerland.
Job ID: 65156BR
What will you do?
• Sale of consumables and instruments in the Basel and Freiburg area
• Professional and enjoyable demeanor regarding customers and colleagues
• Achieve sales targets set, both quarterly and annually
• Provide the company with relevant market information for the development of strategies on product impact directly upon the sales of products now and the development of future opportunities as well as forecasting and lost order reporting as well as competitive information
• Compete for all existing and develop new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or achieve plan
• Specific focus on assigned set of big revenue accounts
• Ensure that all necessary resources needed are used efficiently and effectively in order to close sales in favor of the company
• Maintain and develop customer relationship on short and long term
• Focus on the strategic development of key accounts by implementing and updating account planning (cross-functions)
• Help on implementing account specific B-2-B solutions - gather, analyze and deliver information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriate to the market
• Provide direct information on client needs to marketing and design together account specific promotion, seminars and exhibitions to support strategic goals on a tactical basis
• This position is home office based
How will you get here?
• Degree/ educational background in Life Sciences, Biology or related field (BSc. with several years lab experience/ MSc. or preferably higher degree; training as lab technician with equivalent work experience in laboratory and/or sales environment is also possible).
• General knowledge of assigned product portfolio and/or customer segment required
• Good technical skills to demonstrate benchtop instruments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German
• Analytical and business planning skills
• Strong capabilities to interface effectively with all customer types
• Ability to function effectively in a high performance team
• Positive attitude and desire to succeed
• High degree of flexibility and motivation in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment
• Develops platform, organizational and prioritization skills
• Job encounters diverse work situations involving a moderate degree of complexity
• Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs required
• Must be able to occasionally lift objects of up to 20kg
• Valid driving license
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
• Ph.D. in Life Sciences
• Proficiency in French will be a plus
• Demonstrated skills and success in Life Science consumables sales
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status