How will you make an impact?
For assigned group of products, the Manufacturing Planner/Scheduler will prepare production schedule, coordinating purchased and intermediate materials, outside services and equipment requirements.
What will you do?
- Generate and issue shop floor packets at least three days prior to start date and no later than Thursday for the following week. Minimize the occurrence of customer service failures and manage inventory to established parameters. Some product groups may have a requirement maintaining a constant 12-month rolling forecast.
- Be able to review various reports to analyze inventory data on a monthly basis to manage inventory, scrap, and re-control of materials.
- Prepare production schedule with three-month horizon (current plus two), coordinating materials, outside services and equipment.
- Determine priorities and initiate action when changes in the forecast and/or resources dictate re-evaluation of existing schedules. Reviews plans with supervisor.
- Participate in the daily tier board meeting. Work as a member of a team to help resolve problems effecting products that are scheduled to be produced.
- May be involved in start-up of new product introductions.
- Perform above functions to meet department and plant goals and objectives. These include, but are not limited to: Delivery, Inventory, Production Utilization and Schedule Attainment.
- Perform other duties or special assignments as required.
How will you get there?
- A.A.S. or B.S. Degree in Business, Production Management or equivalent with 2-5 years in production planning/scheduling in a manufacturing environment and/or related experience in utilizing ERP system.
- APICS/CPIM and APICS/CIRM licensure/certification preferred
- Normal office environment
- Position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills (the ability to view a situation logically, break it down into manageable tasks, and to identify alternative plans of action)
- Good planning and organizational skills-able to manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, MRP II software, MS Office
Excel, Word, Access, MS project, etc.)
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Able to work successfully in a team
- Demonstrate good safety and quality practices.
This position has not been approved for relocation benefits.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.