As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Practical Process Improvement Project Manager (PPI) is reporting to Manager PPI and is responsible for continuous improvement of our products, managing projects addressing product cost and reliability, coordination of cost improvement activities in Engineering department and acting as single contact point for global PPI and Value Engineering team.
- Continuous improvement of product cost and reliability through PPI program
- Manages specific PPI projects.
- Directs and manages resources assigned to the PPI projects.
- Cooperates on Engineering, R&D, service and Sourcing budget creation and labor, cost and resource planning
- Engages with design engineering early in the Product Management Process (PMP) for specific New Product Introductions (NPI). Ensures that PPI opportunities are identified early.
- Cooperate with Sourcing and supplier on cost reduction roadmaps and facilitate supplier engagement in PPI activities.
- Develops close relationships with business partners and all involved departments to adequately manage priorities.
- University degree in a technical discipline or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- 3+ years of technical experience in high-tech industry environment
- experience with project management in high tech manufacturing or RnD - is an advantage
- Leadership and ability to manage complex projects from inception to completion.
- Technical knowledge related to cost improvement - is an advantage
- Understanding product cost structure
- Knowledge of design principles, new product development and change management processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, service, factory and supply chain processes, reliability and quality principles.