Wir suchen einen Applikationsspezialist qPCR (m/w) - bitte reichen Sie Ihre Bewerbung in Englischer Sprache ein.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers a great opportunity for a life science graduate as Field Application Scientist to start a career in a leading global biotech company supporting our customers.
This position is home office based in Heidelberg, Germany.
This position is responsible for supporting commercial operations with pre-sale, field- based technical application support of Molecular Biology Systems - mainly qPCR and microscopy systems as well as applications in Central Europe, mainly south west Germany. Responsibilities will include demonstration and optimization of the company's hardware, software and/or scientific products (reagents) and systems at customer sites.
- Perform customer trainings onsite and inhouse.
- Perform product demonstrations in the field.
- Conduct test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation, including product exchanges, optimization and/or more complex problem solving.
- Accompany Sales Representatives on sales calls in customer laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Support conditional sales placements in the field through onsite visits and telephone communication.
- Provide feedback on product performance in the field and suggested solutions and customer support regarding product performance problems.
- Keep abreast of current and potential activities in the territory on such items such as competitor products and user requirements.
- Assist the regional sales team in the development of accounts, including technical and feasibility meetings. Performs technical seminars and presentations that promote the use of the product.
- minimum Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Molecular Biology, Engineering, Microbiology or equivalent experience.
- Requires several years of previous laboratory experience to include expertise in techniques related to Molecular Biology products with related instruments and applications background.
- Experiences and knowledge of Thermo Fisher Scientific qPCR Systems and Microscopy preferred.
- Requires knowledge and expertise in customer facing interactions, e.g. solving technical and workflow related issues, performing troubleshooting and proven a strong customer centric approach
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical with particular emphasis on interface experience with customers.
- Previous industrial experience in regard to the operation of molecular biology equipment and associated reagents with molecular biology experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Fluent English required.