Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
A dynamic and challenging Financial Analyst opportunity exists within the LSG Global Operations Finance team. This role is a key member of the Operations Finance team responsible for key consolidation and reporting activities within the group, which includes trend analysis, monthly reporting and forecasting, and business partner support. This position will work closely with finance and operations to support and enhance key customer reporting requirements as well as partner with global leadership to help achieve the LSG Global Operations financial commitments.
- Lead the reporting and consolidation of monthly actuals and forecasting for core Operational functions.
- Support the integration activities of acquisitions and drive standardization in reporting and analysis across the Group
- Provide analytical trends and monthly reporting by site, region, and opex spend type
- Support the development of robust targets and work closely with global leadership to execute on our financial commitments
- Support Ad-hoc internal, group, and corporate requests as needed
- Assist with the preparation of Operations finance and business presentations, including MBR and QBR schedule preparation
- Improve on data intensive tools with a focus on automating the close process; identify, communicate and recommend/implement corrective actions
- Develop complete command of material to ensure reporting accuracy, integrity, and consistency (e.g., ability to be well versed in the details and nuances of a specific task while maintain the big picture context)
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of direct experience in financial analysis, reporting, and accounting leadership within a large, professionally managed operating company
- Experience with Hyperion/CMR and EDW-Cognos preferred.
- Excel super user with advanced knowledge of pivots, charts, and formulas
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with peers, and upper management
- Demonstrate mental acuity, flexibility, and adaptability to accommodate and balance needs / competing interests of groups within the organization (Regions, Divisions, Global Operations)
- Self-motivated; bias for action
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s)