The HR Manager is responsible for strong execution of HR programs in support of the Life Sciences Mass Spec Business Unit. This individual is a trusted strategic advisor to the business leaders in the areas of talent management, organizational development, performance management, career development, employee relations, compensation planning and change leadership.
This position is ideal for a first or second year HR Manager, or Sr. HR Generalist ready to take the next upward steps in his/her career. If you are an HR Professional with 3 or more years of HR Managing experience, then you would want to apply to a Sr. HR Manager position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the business.
- Provide HR support and coaching on HR policies and processes, complex employee issues, people management, career development and personal leadership.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
- Ensure effective talent management including recruitment, assessment and development as the organization grows.
- Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills.
- Conduct compensation analysis working with the Compensation COE in regards to compensation needs or analysis.
- Support HR functional teams (i.e. talent acquisition, compensation, etc.) and large scale HR initiatives (i.e. roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.)
- Participate in the broader AIG HR team to drive HR projects and initiatives.
- Oversee and participate in site management activities (i.e. file room management, new employee onboarding, site events, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field is required.
- 5 or more years of direct experience in various aspects of human resources (business partnering staffing, compensation, employee relations and organizational development).
- Knowledge and understanding of US labor and employment law and global business partnering experience.
- Strong process improvement orientation.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, decision making, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to interface with all levels of the organization including employee relations, coaching, communications and presentations, etc.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues
- Demonstrated Role Model Leader Characteristics:
- Embody Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development
- Master’s in Business Administration or an HR related advanced degree
- HR certification
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix.