The Technologist performs formulation, scale up and other manufacturing related assignments and participates in maintaining the equipment in the PPT area, while at the same time ensuring that compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) guidelines are met. In addition, the incumbent provides support as required within the scope of their function.
- Performs formulation, scale up and other manufacturing (Developmental & Good Manufacturing Practices) related assignments and documents them appropriately.
- Participates in the maintenance of manufacturing and laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Participates in training of equipment.
- Participates in inter departmental co-ordination for documentation and equipment related tasks.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Pharmaceutics, Engineering, or Chemistry.
- Minimum 1 year of pharmaceutical formulation experience or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience.
- Basic understanding of equipment, formulations and processes.
- Able to perform job requirements while wearing PPE (Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR), Tyvek suit and double gloves). Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines.
- Computer proficient.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to execute own work which is typically planned by others.
- Communicates and co-operates with others to meet project and team objectives.
- In this role it is essential to perform shift work.
- Proficiency with the English language.