Job Title: Senior Manager, Business Development & Licensing (Sample Prep) – Carlsbad, CA
Req ID: 64840BR
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: Life Sciences Solutions Group / Licensing and Commercial Supply
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location & Division Specific Information
Carlsbad, CA but Flexible for the Right Candidate.
The Sr. Manager, Business Development & Licensing is part of the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) which is one of six groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific and is an important part of the company’s total value proposition. With an innovative and broad life sciences portfolio, a strong presence at bench, best-in-class web and e-commerce channels, industry-leading on-site supply center coverage and one of the most technically experienced sales and support teams, LSG brings incredible core strength to the broader company.
How will you make an impact?
By partnering with field based Business Development Manager's, you will drive and own the business results for LCS opportunities and deals mapping to the newly formed Sample Prep Business Unit within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Bio Science Division.
What will you do?
Manage and grow the LCS Sample Prep business by:
- Developing, pressure testing (with key stakeholders) and deploying a multi-year strategy
- Accurately forecasting revenues on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Enable field based BDMs to identify, nurture, evolve, and close new business with commercial customers
- Lead negotiations, resulting in multi-year supply and license agreements
- Generate demand amongst commercial customers for Sample Prep products
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in the chemical or life sciences, (advanced degree and/or MBA preferred)
- 8+ years of relevant business development experience, including identification & validation of strategic out licensing and product supply opportunities in the life sciences field. Experience in developing new sample preparation market opportunities preferred.
- Proven track record of relevant completed business development transactions (please submit a deal sheet with application).
- Project management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts of IP, patents, and contract law.
- Advanced knowledge of emerging sample preparation technologies and markets and familiarity with Thermo Fisher Scientific’s life sciences products.
- Required Leadership Behaviors:
- Team first mentality, Dedication and product pride, Global mindset and agility
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com