When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for
Focus of the Sales Engineer is to meet or exceed revenue targets in ***. The focus is on technical/product based customer requirements. This position carries a sales quota for the specified territory. Responsibilities include:
- Develops sales plan that includes opportunity map, target accounts, forecast, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Ensures that the sales plan and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals.
- Reviews and updates the sales plan on a regular basis to reflect progress and market changes.
- Maintains and updates a list of prospects within a centralized CRM system.
- Prospects across the installed base and in new accounts to ensure that target opportunities are developed.
- Works with partners/customers to identify additional prospects.
- Establishes initial contacts with decision makers in potential customers.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way and revenue expectations are met.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments.
- Updates lead/contact management system to track progress.
- Participates in regional meetings to share best practice, review performance against targets, and conduct informal training.
- Prepares for each sales call and sets specific call objectives.
- Asks questions to understand customers’ product requirements and project priorities.
- Implements appropriate strategies for dealing with obstacles, customer objections or competitive situations.
- Responds effectively to customer requests and resolves critical issues and meets all commitments in a timely manner.
- Understands and presents the complete range of product and service offerings that meet the needs of customers.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Majored in biology, biology engineering or similar
- Prior experience selling capital equipment
- Strong directly sale capability
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.