When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific's mission is to help make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place. This position offers a unique opportunity at Thermo Fisher Scientific to help our mission by leading and executing on next generation architecture and platform.
We are looking for an ambitious, talented, and self-motivated individual, who will serve as a lead software engineer and help us implement the next generation enterprise architecture and platform. In this role, you will be responsible for providing input for the next generation architecture, platform strategy and implementing platform capabilities that supports the organization’s business strategy.
The role requires working collaboratively across the Technology, Product and Commercial organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals. In this role, you will build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders.
- Lead specification, design, and implementation of distributed systems
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Design and document APIs leveraging a standard API documentation framework (Swagger)
- Stay up to date with new technologies and determine how to incorporate these into future platform capabilities
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders
- Share business and technical learnings with the broader engineering and product organization, while adapting approach for different audiences
- Work collaboratively across the Technology, UX, and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- 5+ years’ in Senior Software Engineer role
- Demonstrated experience with Distributed System implementations
- Experience with large-scale consumer-facing production software and cloud deployment strategies.
- Proven Experience with AWS or Azure Cloud
- Proven Experience with integrating distributing computing environments with Cloud
- Proficiency with at least one programming language (.Net/Java/C++/Python/Scala/GO/NodeJs)
- Working knowledge and experience with ESB technologies (Mule, Talend).
- Deep understanding of API design, including versioning, isolation and micro-services. Experience developing RESTful
- Experience designing and documenting internal and external (commercial) APIs using API documentation frameworks (e.g. Apiary, Swagger)
- Strong experience with Linux and
- Strong experience with Scripting: bash, Python (boto), Powershell
- Experience with Big Data Technologies, such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Azure HDInsight
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams
- Life Science experience preferred, but not required
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning, R, Statistics
- Resource Description Framework, semantic web, and experience applying those concepts
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.