When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position can be based in Tewksbury, MA or Erlangen, Germany
How will you make an impact?
You will guide a team that is charged with Portables contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing product offerings to developing new product opportunities for the company. You will develop new product ideas and go-to-market strategies based on your industry experience and your contact with the commercial team, customers, and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
What will you do?
- Managing the entire portfolio life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying and prioritizing market problems for current and future product offerings by conducting market research (including VOC), supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Defining and driving the product roadmap to determine competitive and differentiated product offerings across the life cycle and achieving target levels of product revenue and profitability for the business.
- Managing risk during the execution of product rationalization and new product launches.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Managing product planning, including product pricing, in support of the business tactical and strategic plan development.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the Portables product portfolio.
- Support the commercial team with market launch and product training packages (internal and external)
- Define plans and market situation(s) for the business for the annual Strategic Planning process (Strap Plan) including defined targets and metrics to achieve success
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in worldwide (>30%).
How will you get here?
- 5+ years of marketing/product management experience (or equivalent).
- Knowledgeable in product development and launch process
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Able to assess impact of projects and prioritize/allocate time accordingly
- Track record in achieving or exceeding business objectives on a consistent basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline, such as a physical science, math,or engineering;
- MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, cross-functionally and with customers.
Field and Safety Instruments (FSI) is a new business within Thermo Fisher that was established in 2017 by the merger of two legacy businesses. FSI is the leader in handheld spectrometers for a wide range of applications across industrial, pharma, safety/security, nuclear power, and healthcare markets. We are in search of a product manager for one of our leading spectroscopy product lines. The ideal candidate will have had experience as a product manager or marketing manager in a B2B environment.
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.