When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
ThermoFisher Scientific’s Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry group is looking for an enthusiastic and well qualified Software Scientist for developing Mass spectrometry instrument software that includes real time control of instruments, associated algorithms for instrument control, instrument calibration, high speed performance and real time data analysis.
- Develop end to end machine learning models , starting from understanding the domain and related data , selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers and using optimal bootstrapping strategies
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Develop and adhere to rigorous testing of statistics, models, and code
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Follow conventions and best practices for analysis, statistics, modeling, coding, and architecture; hold other members of the team accountable for doing so
- Stay up to date with new technologies and determine how to incorporate these into future platform capabilities
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders
- 3+ years’ in Software Engineer role
- Hands on experience developing models and solutions using techniques in machine learning , information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related field.
- Experience managing end-to-end machine learning pipeline from data exploration, feature analysis and selection, model building, bootstrapping and final deployment.
- Proven experience with distributed systems
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Solid algorithm development background. Experience with building Machine Learning algorithms and productizing them at scale in a distributed computation environment.
- Proficiency with data analysis languages and tools such as Python/Jupyter or R
- Proficiency with at least one programming language (.Net/Java/C++/ Scala/GO/NodeJs)
- Proven Experience with Big Data Technologies, such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Azure HDInsight, H2O
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning,
- AWS or Azure Cloud
- Design and document APIs leveraging a standard API documentation framework (Swagger)
- Life Science experience preferred, but not required
- Resource Description Framework, semantic web, and experience applying those concepts
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com