Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to patients and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
We seek an enthusiastic Finance professional with excellent analysis and communication skills to support the Laboratory Equipment (LE) business as a Financial Analyst.
The position will be based in our Corporate Headquarters in Waltham, MA. A successful candidate will support Business Units across our Laboratory Products Division and will also be support a variety of Division level objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Water Analysis (WAI) business in developing and measuring its productivity targets. Facilitate the daily and weekly reporting of financial metrics and scorecards for the WAI operations team, ensuring timely submission from Chelmsford, Singapore and Puerto Rico. Provide recommendations to enhance the current reporting tools.
- Support the WLP Global Operations Director with valuable analytics, reporting and forecasting on key components of spend and net productivity results.
- Support the Manufacturing & Process Optimization Engineering (POE) teams across Asheville, Marietta, Langenselbold and Osterode in developing and measuring cost-out and margin expansion projects. Support Director of Manufacturing & POE Engineering in evaluating new opportunities/investments.
- Assist APAC region in margin reporting while continually developing enhanced analytics for each country’s business. Help the team drive full P&L accountability and performance through improved reporting and process rigor.
- Assist LE business in driving margin expansion in APAC. Drive visibility and performance on inventory, E&O, quality and warranty issues in APAC, particularly China. Work on arresting leakage on earnings by proactively driving visibility and accountability on drivers of gross margin leakage.
- Assist with the preparation of LE finance and business presentations, including MBR, STRAP, and QBR schedule preparation
- Help drive annual budgeting process and alignment with business, functional, and regional colleagues
- Support ad-hoc site, BU, and divisional requests as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related fields.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to translate and articulate business impact in financial terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate professionally to all levels of an organization.
- Strong Excel and modeling skills, experience with Hyperion highly valuable.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work as part of team environment and individually.
- Minimal travel requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, with the willingness and ability to learn new concepts.
- Ability to manage and thrive in a collaborative and complex business environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and manage a diverse set of responsibilities across multiple business areas.
- He/she embodies the Thermo Fisher Scientific values of Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance