When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This is a leadership position responsible for human resources for the America’s Sales and the Global Divisional Marketing organization within the Chemical Analysis Division (CAD). The role will provide Human Resources business partnership support to the Senior Director, America’s Sales and the entire sales team along with the U.S. based Divisional Marketing organization – approximately 200 employees. This position is responsible for driving HR initiatives, monitor and access organizational needs to include recruitment, development actions, employee relations, and executing on the organizational strategy.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. HRM will work as a key member of the leadership team in developing HR strategies that support the business initiatives by utilizing his/her strong business acumen to translate business needs into HR strategies and initiatives. He/she will implement HR processes and programs that increase the productivity, competence and effectiveness of both client groups in alignment with division and business unit visions. He/she will be assigned to lead or participate in various HR projects as deemed appropriate for both for the North America Commercial and Global CAD Marketing organization along with supporting Division/Corporate specific initiatives as required.
What will you do?
- Ensure alignment of HR processes with the goals of the commercial organization.
- Implement HR processes and programs that increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of the America’s commercial and marketing organization.
- Participate actively in improving the organizational effectiveness and process improvement between the business units and the commercial organization.
- Build strong relations and communications between Sales, Marketing and the Center of Excellent (CoE) teams within CAD to ensure alignment across the region.
- Assess leaders and managers and propose development plans or alternatives to improve the performance of the organization.
- Establish, execute, monitor and refine management development and succession, planning initiatives that maximize the capabilities of the workforce, and ensure talent is available to support business requirements.
- Ensure that compensation and sales incentive plans and practices are attuned to realities of the marketplace, as well as organization capabilities and requirements and administered in a timely fashion.
- Guide leaders through the annual employee performance cycle (PMD) and Compensation Cycle along with the annual HRR process.
- Counsels and/or coaches employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations, etc. in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
- Assists in the hiring of new employees by performing various recruiting functions as needed, including staffing coordination, job requisition management, and interviews for the commercial organization
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity and the reporting and analysis of HR metrics for the America’s commercial organization.
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity including review and approvals within Workday.
- Provides management with relevant reporting as needed. Maintains legally compliant and accurate employee information through Workday and HR1.
- Other duties as needed
How will you get here?
- BA/BS required, MA/MS preferred
- PHR/SPHR and/or other Professional Certifications desirable
- 6+ years of direct experience in all aspects of human resources (staffing, compensation, employee relations and organizational development).
- Proven experience in implementing programs and processes that yield positive results.
- Exposure to process improvement efforts (i.e. six sigma, practical process improvement) a plus.
- Proven Variable Compensation experience in a Commercial environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a global environment across multiple cultures.
- Must possess moderate computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated stress.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel appromixately10-15%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.