When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of global clinical supply chain. With unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
What will you do?
The Associate Clinical Supply Chain Manager partners with the Clinical Supply Optimization team to ensure continuous supply of Investigational Medicinal Product (IMP) for assigned clinical trials through effective monitoring and maintenance. Implements and follows defined packaging, distribution and Interactive Response Technology (IRT) plans to supply study drug to global clinical trials using sound supply chain techniques. The main focus of this role is on inventory management through liaising with internal departments and IRT providers
- Implements and follows defined packaging, distribution and IRT plan to supply study drug to global clinical trials using sound supply chain techniques
- Ability to proactively manage a program of work, supply of medication, and manage risk management activities
- Implements and monitors inventory management plans that may have complex supply chains
- Leverages the inventory management capabilities of the Interactive Response Technology (IRT) to appropriately manage studies
- Ensures project specific data and documents are configured and maintained in the appropriate Fisher Clinical Services IT systems and team SharePoint sites according to guidelines and relevant procedures
- Reviews IRT strategy to ensure it supports the strategic supply plans and ensures that IRT settings are adjusted to optimize the supply chain
- Executes IRT User Acceptance Testing, if required.
- Reviews, interprets and implements supply forecast plans from internal or external source documents and tools. Proactively identifies potential supply chain issues, provides analysis and recommends solutions
- Performs study close out activities including returned good reconciliation, inventory destruction processing, and file archiving
- Develops and provides client(s) with reports on actual project spend versus budget
- Negotiates effectively with clients regarding study plan without damaging relationships
- Works with both internal and client Project teams to ensure consistent communication of clinical trial material supply status. Identifies potential risks, defines and executes risk mitigation plans.
- Supports communication of best practice through shared learning sessions, contribution to guidelines and SOPs
- Establishes and maintains financial forecasts and monthly billing processes for assigned client projects
- Demonstrates progressive ability to perform basic, core Clinical Supply Chain Manager responsibilities and can competently speak with clients
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team for study management activities
- Stays abreast of relevant cGMPs, GCPs, and other regulatory requirements and ensures study management activities are aligned
- Attends relevant client-related meetings and appropriately represent status of the Clinical Supply Chain
- Conduct activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Utilizes understanding of Clinical Trial Supply Chain Management best practice principles to suggest improvements to existing business processes and supports development of associated training material and documentation
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required. Degree in operations management or science related field
- 2 years of experience in project management or supply chain management in a related field
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary organization and self-management skills
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Significant travel (up to 50%) may be required, including international travel
- Ability to independently manage priorities and workday in a remote setting
- Certificates in Certified Project Management and/or APICS (CPIM)
- Minimum of 3 years clinical supply chain experience in logistics or packaging
- Demonstrated experience with multiple global clinical trials
- Experienced in building and managing forecasts for clinical supply chains
- Experienced with design and/or management of Interactive Response Technology for the management of drug supplies
- Experienced in working under GxP requirements.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com