Location: IT CoE Tijuana, BC Mexico
Relocation bonus available for this position
At Thermo Fisher, our mission is to make the world safer, cleaner. It is a close-knit, collaborative, cross-functional setting where we believe none of us is as smart as all of us and we each have something valuable to contribute toward our goal. The software services team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment world-class software products. We are looking to hire individuals with experience with software development and integration in clinical and research settings, and who can help us solve the next wave of technical challenges using the latest cloud-based, big-data, and rich analytics tool sets.
You should be versed and comfortable spanning the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, through design and implementation, to customer acceptance and delivery. You are especially passionate about working with excellent software designs and driving Agile/SCRUM processes to meet and exceed customer expectations. You like the idea of partnering with scientists, analytical chemists and bioinformaticians to create outstanding clinical and research solutions. You welcome the challenge of working in a fast-paced, discovery-oriented environment and will be genuinely excited about the prospect of creatively exercising your problem solving skills on a continuous basis with an eye to ultimately improving the human condition. If the (above) lines up with your natural work style, this position has a lot to offer.
- Supports and facilitates generally one to two Scrum Teams in various functions by fostering Agile values and practices.
- Ensures team adherence to Agile principles. Provides coaching to the Scrum Team(s) on how to execute the Scrum framework.
- Organizes and facilitates ceremonies, identifies improvement opportunities to optimize velocity and quality while mitigating risk. Tracks and communicates the overall team progress providing visibility to stakeholders.
- Serves as a filter to remove impediments to progress as identified by the team. Protects the team from outside influences to ensure the team remains focused on Scrum Team priorities.
- Partners with the Product Owner to ensure the backlog items are prioritized based on business value and ready for the team.
- Minimum 5 years as project manager of all phases of technical projects
- Minimum 5 years as scrum master for SW development teams
- Strong working experience on projects such as cloud implementation and management, software development, bioinformatics
- Strong understanding and applied experience with Scrum development principles.
- Ability to coach teams in the scrum master capacity.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast- paced environment, between multiple projects and post-project support.
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and independently “take ownership”.
- Responsible to ensure appropriate business processes, data quality, and systems delivery.
- Ability to define business processes, data needs, and requirements.
- Ability to work with others remotely to facilitate creation of roadmaps, product backlogs, prioritization
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Work with the scrum team to remove impediments to deliver the product
- Able to work effectively with dispersed, remote and global teams when needed.
- Expected to follow Company’s governance processes and methodologies, and manage to budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required
- Scrum Master certification is preferred
- Manages Risk - Working Experience - Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
- Customer Focus - Extensive Experience-Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Agile Development - Extensive Experience-Knowledge of and ability to utilize formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and enhanced applications.
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Working Experience-Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Extensive Experience- Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Effective Communications - Working Experience-Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Coaching Others - Working Experience-Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
- Listening - Extensive Experience-Knowledge of effective listening issues and techniques; ability to gather, clarify, and apply information transmitted verbally, while exhibiting a genuine interest toward the speaker