Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Their mission is to enable their customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
They help their customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. With four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offering an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Within the Customer Channels Group (CCG), the Research and Safety Market Division (RSD), represented by the Fisher Scientific brand, is a several billion dollar global division which markets and sells a vast portfolio of laboratory and safety-related products and services to its key customer base around the world that includes Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Academic, Industrial, and Government organizations.
As a provider of a broad portfolio of products and services, RSD transacts with and represents the product lines of thousands of industry-leading suppliers/manufacturers in the laboratory and clean-room space, both internal and external to Thermo Fisher.
As our client are experts in products and services to a large number of global organizations, the effective management of their supply chain is fundamental to the businesses success and client satisfaction. Reliability and responsiveness help them differentiate as they offer a total value added solution. Their proposition of product management and delivery direct to point of consumption, is made possible through creating a total solution and a ‘one stop.
We are looking for our new Senior Manager Projects & Operational Effectiveness M/F
Responsible for Operational Effectiveness / Lean implementation and end-to-end process improvements throughout the European Supply Chain functions & network. This individual will utilize industry best practices and methodologies along with systems application knowledge to meet current and future operational requirements. This includes project management techniques and well as lean methodology & approach to drive and implement the necessary improvements. This position requires strong cross-functional collaboration and leadership to impact the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead process improvement to raise the bar on quality, delivery, customer allegiance and cost metrics
- Drive the PPI transformation throughout the organization (Practical Process Improvements – our Lean system) – introduce best practices within the Supply Chain organization and drive pace of continuous improvements.
- Improve the lean culture/score of the organization by implementing the underlying key PPI processes and culture. Be role model – train/coach/mentor supply chain staff and leaders on Lean, 6 Sigma Methodology & Tools
- Represent Supply Chain within the regional or global PPI organization to support and work, group wide/regional initiatives as well as Supply Chain specific initiatives.
- Support and lead the successful implementation of European Supply Chain projects related to operational strategy and planning & execution that enable a best in class supply chain model.
- Enable success through effective communication, by enabling cross-functional collaboration and engagement to facilitate major process or systems enhancements (eg. warehouse management, inventory optimization, demand forecasting etc.)
- Manage complex cross functional projects from cradle to grave – within the Supply Chain and when necessary also Company Wide - providing cost-benefit analyses and return on investment analyses, along with project status to the business.
- Monitor actual benefits that projects or initiatives promised to deliver – forecast the impact as inputs to our annual operating plans and well as midterm strategic plans. Ensure benefits are materialization quickly in financials and KPIs.
- Identify improvement opportunities and write business requirements documents supporting strategic initiatives & business enhancements
- Provide leadership and support, in conjunction with the Quality team, to coordinate the Supply Chain development and implementation of the necessary program requirements (cGMP, ISO...)
- Be a positive role model of process driven, fact based, analytically supported activities within the Supply Chain
- Ability to drive continuous improvements and innovation within the organization
- With good communication, teamwork, negotiation and networking skills. Ability to influence others.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and in autonomy, with a balanced score card (quality, customer allegiance, cost)
- Capacity to organize from small to large project and drive implementation in a structured way.
- Evaluates data and prioritizes actions to reach logical and profitable business decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or a related field, or equivalent combination or experience and education. MBA a plus
- Relevant experience in Supply Chain (10 years). Exposure to and experience with Distribution, Inventory and Demand Planning, and Transportation.
- Proven experience in implementing change and continuous improvements.
- Good understanding supply chain processes, and how they impact quality, customer allegiance and costs.
- Experience and proficiency in applying continuous improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, Business Process Change Techniques or Change Management projects. Green belt lean Certification preferred.
- Project Management Certification preferred.
- CPIM or CSCP Certification preferred
- Fluent in English. Other languages (specifically French, Spanish, German, an advantage)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrable Supply Chain experience covering at least 2-3 of the main end to end supply chain processes/functions such as Distribution, Planning, Purchasing, Transportation, Supplier Management, Manufacturing, business support (ERP, finance, customer service)
- Demonstrated experience in a continuous improvement role utilizing lean techniques, tools, methodologies and change management; with proven record of success.
- Demonstrated experience in managing cross functional supply chain projects; with proven record of success.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and communication/team work skills. Ability to organize projects, work autonomously with some level of ambiguity and changing directions. Capacity to organize projects/initiatives, inspire enthusiasm, balance consensus/buy-in with speed/impact.
- Computer literacy – good PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project knowledge. Experience with MS Access, SQL and Cognos, a plus
- Flexible, adaptable and hands-on approach is necessary.
position based in illkirch – france or Loubourough -UK
Ability to travel 50% of the time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.