When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of the global clinical supply chain. With an unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
What will you do?
The Comparator Sourcing Specialist is part of the Comparator Global Sourcing Team and as such, works with the Comparator Global Sourcing Director to achieve business goals and annual operating plan. The job holder is primarily responsible for the successful sourcing of Comparator, Co Meditation, and likes, handling all requests received at Fisher Clinical Services USA. His / her role is to review, assess, lead, develop/extend the existing sourcing network to ensure competitive and innovative Comparator sourcing solutions and strategies are submitted to our clients. The post holder must ensure that the services provided are delivered on time and to the Thermo Fisher standards of quality and compliance. The role requires an in-depth understanding of the clinical trials supplies, the pharmaceutical R& D and supply chain, the pricing systems in different countries and the supplier capabilities.
- Accountability for delivering regional AOP in terms of cost avoidance, payment/volume discount and On Time Deliveries
- Meet goals in accordance with company initiatives and vision.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for internal stakeholders in giving advisory support on NA sourcing strategy
- Overall responsibility for the current NA sourcing network.
- Ad-hoc opening new supplier accounts primarily in the USA with different wholesalers & manufacturers to have access to drug market information and drug, at a competitive price, with attractive shelf, live and documentation, in a reliable and responsive manner.
- Full sourcing responsibilities for the supplier portfolio assigned to the region, meeting AOP targets and managing suppliers. Lead sourcing activities such as Request for Information, Request For Quote, supplier Business Review Meetings, supplier visits, supplier audits, vendor management… Work closely with the Global Comparator Sourcing team to develop the supplier portfolio and ensure a consistent approach with the suppliers globally, in particular when belonging to the same groups. Participate in Client conference calls as needed.
- Minimize risks throughout the supply chain for Fisher Clinical Services and for clients’ projects thanks to close relationships with the NA supplier basis.
- Negotiate competitive T&C, inclusive attractive prices, payment & volume discount.
- Facilitate CDA’s, supplier contracts, MSA’s and Technical Agreements with comparator strategic and growth suppliers in close collaboration with Fisher Clinical Services Legal.
- Maintain supplier Technical Agreements / Supply Agreements in NA.
- Maintain good and long-standing supplier relationship with pharmaceutical wholesalers and manufacturers.
- Ensure integration and cross-functional work with all other departments (Marketing, Market Intelligence, Business Development, Project Management, Supply Chain Support, Logistics, Goods-in, Pick & Pack, Shipping, Controlling & Reporting, Global Customer Experience, Global Contracting, Global Quality Assurance).
- Support the rollout of the comparator global sourcing/procurement processes in NA (in particular, supplier management)
- Perform supplier benchmarking, satisfaction rating and any other analysis, SWOT or other as appropriate, support Market Intelligence. Report and share this info with the Comparator team through Scorecards or another appropriate medium.
- Support the Comparator PM in their projects and take part in conf calls and negotiations as needed to ensure closure/win of proposals.
- Apply Good Manufacturing / Good Distribution Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure rapid and secure export/import of pharmaceutical products to be used in clinical trials.
- Support QA and client in case of product recalls.
- Ensure compliance with all FCS's rules and regulation from QA, legal and finance. Support keep them meaningful and adapted to the changing environment.
- Support quality audit of comparator suppliers as needed.
- Active part in the generation of business planning, budgeting, identification of supplier market trends, reporting focused on sourcing (dashboard, KPI) and overall NA Sourcing organization matters.
- Take a deputy function of other comparator team members as needed.
- Demonstrate, drive the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement, and Innovation.
- Active part in PPI, JDI, lean and other improvement projects.
How will you get here?
- At a minimum, Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Sourcing / Procurement or related pharmaceutical role in the U.S.A.
- Experience in commercial/clinical pharmaceutical supply chain.
- Understanding of statutory and tax compliance/reporting.
- In-depth understanding of clinical trials and other pharmaceutical business services.
- High level of Business Acumen in both Administration and Sourcing Strategies.
- Networking skills, interpersonal skills surrounding interactions with Suppliers.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, exercise good judgment and appropriate discretion when reaching conclusions.Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Collaborative style; able to build strong relationships with suppliers and influencing senior stakeholders,
- Good knowledge of company functions globally and a deep understanding of the relationships and processes integration among departments within the business.
- Ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, concise, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and achieve key outcomes and follow through to get things done and deliver what is promised.
- Able to multitask with attention to details, team-player able to handle stressful situations.
- Computer literacy (in particular, SalesForce).
- Willing to travel 5-10%.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com