Ensures the efficient completion of packaging floor activities in order to meet scheduled production deadlines.
Ensures product quality meets the standards of the company, our clients, and applicable regulatory agencies including, but not limited to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate (HPFBI), United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and European Medicines Agency (EMEA).
This position requires the ability to work weekend shifts.
- Performs work at various positions on the packaging line including: capping, cartoning, packing shippers, and palletizing in accordance with established standards and Good Manufacturing Practices requirements to meet production targets.
- Inspects packaged products for presence and correctness of lot number, expiry date and general packaging appearance and completeness.
- Ensures line cleanliness practices, procedures, Standard Operating Procudures (SOPs) and packaging instructions are followed.
- Equipment set up and tear down duties.
- Maintains a safe working environment and report potential hazards.
- In this role it is essential to perform shift work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma.
- Minimum 1 year of previous packaging line experience, in a pharmaceutical, food or cosmetic environment.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to work at line speed and with minimal supervision.
- Sound knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Sound understanding of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Sound understanding of safety regulations.
- Proficiency with the English language.
- Ability to work weekend shift is required.