Job Title: Clinical Account Manager
Location: Remote based - located in close proximity to the M4 corridor/ south of England
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group, within the Microbiology Division (MBD), our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination in Clinical applications. We serve public health, clinical laboratories, food companies, environmental screening and pharmaceutical laboratories with a portfolio of products that include culture media, antimicrobial susceptibility testing solutions and market-leading molecular solutions for food safety testing.
We’re looking for somebody who wants a strong sales career within a global organisation that enables individuals to reach their best through continuous challenges and expansive opportunities. Working within a team of experienced sales professionals, you’ll be helping a business that is dedicated to delivering quality products that help society.
We are looking for an Clinical Account Manager. Reporting into our UK Sales Manager this field based role will cover the from the M4 corridor covering the south of England. The role holder will be responsible for achieving the territory sales targets whilst maximising profitability through effective territory planning and organisation of sales calls.
- Achieve the territory sales targets
- Adhere to company policy for pricing and quotations
- Generate the appropriate level of sales activity
- Position Thermo Fisher Scientific Microbiology as the preferred partner
- Report on sales and market issues via the CRM system
- Connect with other Thermo Fisher Scientific colleagues
As at least 80% of time is customer-facing this role will require significant daily travel within territory, regular UK travel and possibly some European travel.
- Graduate or equivalent in Microbiology, Biomedical Science or Biological Science
- Relevant laboratory experience
- Sales experience useful, but not essential, as full training is given
- Must demonstrate the desire to sell Thermo Fisher Scientific Microbiology products and to be successful
- Ability to travel extensively within territory and also to attend regional, national or international meetings outside of your territory as required from time to time.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Full and current UK driving licence
- Excellent communication skills particularly verbally/face to face
- Able to demonstrate record of achievement in previous role
- Outgoing, friendly and confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings spanning one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations.
- The role holder must live within the territory (or be able to relocate there within 6 months)
In addition to an attractive salary and sales related bonus payments other benefits offered by the Company include a defined contribution pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance.
A business needs car along with business tools such as laptop, iPad, Blackberry etc will be provided.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com