When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
Under the direction of the engineering manager, the position will perform an engineering/technical response to new and revised design requests for bioprocess container inquiries used in the biopharmaceutical industry, providing solutions and support to the various functions supporting the MTO process including contract review, technical support, and capabilities. This will require interacting with the customer, commercial, and operational representatives. Capabilities and expertise on current BPC products, product design, product components, manufacturing processes, applications, and industry requirements are essential as well as capabilities and understanding of business systems and tools in the creation of drawings, specifications, BOM's, routings, and all other manufacturing documentation.
- Create and submit a design response less than 24 hrs after receiving the initial request
- Steer new requests to already established components and processes
- Translate released drawings into Item Masters, BOM’s, Routings, and work instructions
- Collaborate with R&D on new component specification and qualification
- Research and select new components as required for bioprocess container designs
- Work with Validation and Process Engineering on component qualifications
- Create component specifications and maintain a component information database
- Drive process improvement through data-driven activities
- Embrace the 4 I’s, Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement in all daily activities
How will you get here?
- Engineering (i.e Biological, Mechanical) or Related Degree plus 3 years mechanical drafting experience
- Competent with AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft and other office application software
- A successful candidate will have strong skills in the following areas: written and verbal technical communication, interpersonal cross-functional team based interaction, organizational and detail-oriented, analytical, planning and problem-solving. Should also be intellectually curious and results oriented.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.