Business Card Title: Customer Service Representative II - VAS
Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor
Job Profile Name: Customer Service Representative II
Career Band: 2
Job Track: Associate
Position Location: United States (Various)
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day/Evening
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non-Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
The Value Added Service (VAS) team works with high profile accounts and support all aspects of customer service within the scope of these accounts. This individual will also provide back up to our general customer service from time to time. Members of this team are trained on the account specific requirements and are expected to provide a consistent high level of customer service at all times.
- Responds to and resolves customer requests, both email and phone, including processing orders, requests for pricing, product availability, delivery, billing questions as well as returns and cancellations.
- Answers product or service inquiries, and support customers in facilitating communication for technical assistance as required.
- Works with other departments within Thermo Fisher Scientific and with our Suppliers to find solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Accountable for resolving customer requests, complaints and questions delivering with a First Call Resolution mindset and will escalate issues when appropriate or the need arises.
- Follows established service quality standards, meets established processing times and follow-up actions in accordance with departmental standards (after call work, order accuracy etc.)
- Process EDI kick out errors
- Follow multiple account specific SOP
- Stays abreast of new processes and initiatives within the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills/friendly and outgoing personality, and enjoys assisting others.
- Demonstrates superior communication skills including probing, active listening and written skills. Ability to exhibit patience and empathy and diffuse customer dissatisfaction.
- Proactive problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and quality.
- Strong organization and planning skills in order to meet customer commitments in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to embrace change and actively encourage others to remain positive through change.
- Ability to learn and apply new information.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team. Demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Ability to navigate mainframe and work within multiple software programs, in addition to Microsoft Office, email, and Internet navigation.
- High School education required; college degree preferred
- Creative problem solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent product and process knowledge for a specific market
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.