When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Sr. Director, Procurement/Sourcing is a global leadership role within the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) business unit which reports to the President, AIG and VP, Global Sourcing for the division. The Sr. Director, Procurement/Sourcing is responsible for leading and orchestrating direct materials sourcing across the three divisions comprised within Thermo Fisher’s Analytical Instruments Group (AIG). The individual’s remit will encompass category management, supply chain risk management. NPI enablement, global supplier agreements, performance management of key supplier relationships and oversight on how to improve the end to end procurement process. The position will orchestrate a global matrix team to collaborate across business entities within AIG and with other Thermo Fisher groups to elevate the procurement function and advance global competitive advantage, cost savings and process improvements.
Note: Preference for role to be based in Waltham, but would consider other AIG locations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop both short-term and long-term goals for the Sourcing Organization, including a 5-year Strategic Plan and multi-year project pipeline to deliver value.
- Responsible for sourcing and procurement spend.
- Cultivate a culture of action focused on making it happen and solving for barriers to impact.
- Establish a strong business partnership orientation and mindset focused on enabling business priorities including new product introduction, specialized supplier requirements.
- Provide strategic and analytical capabilities to enable operational business decisions with sourcing implications (e.g., make versus buy / vertical integration).
- Drive supplier risk and performance management for the business through consistent processes, transparent communication and proactive mitigation.
- Lead and orchestrate teams within and across divisions to build cohesive category strategies with clear action plans and agile execution.
- Build capabilities throughout the procurement organization to leverage advanced analytics and sourcing strategies; develop businesses cases that confirm the business need for change (e.g., cost / benefit, ROI and/or NPV analyses).
- In collaboration with Corporate Procurement Excellence, define and roll out consistent business disciplines including category management, project management, pipeline management, stage gate reviews.
- Create and execute implementation plans to operationalize the recommended and endorsed changes, and confirm business benefits are realized.
- Define a migration path including cadence and sequence of change for a group-based, consistent organizational structure for AIG procurement.
- Leading by a combination of authority and influence to achieve these goals and objectives.
- Hiring and Staffing - can identify talent and utilize advance interviewing techniques to ascertain fit and potential.
- Bachelor’s degree. Masters preferred.
- Previous Supply chain, Procurement experience or equivalent inclusive of minimum 10 years of progressive global operations/business experience.
- 5 years management level experience.
- Estimate 40% travel.
- Strong knowledge of Procurement methodologies, tools, processes and purchasing practices.
- Well-versed in supplier relationship management and innovation.
- Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan and Strategic Plan to meet or exceed expectations.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.