When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Key Account Manager is responsible for developing and managing account relationships with existing strategic customers. This includes but is not limited to providing pricing, working on contracts, managing overall communications with customer and conducting business reviews. The candidate shall lead internal cross functional team meetings to accomplish goals and commitments made to the strategic customers and communicate status and issues to customer regularly. This role is considered a key member of the strategic relationship management team and must have the vision, drive, and interpersonal skills to succeed in a rapid growth environment. The candidate will be “hands on” account management professional operating with a sense of ownership. The position will be located onsite in Middletown, Virginia and will be a part of our Clinical Diagnostics Division.
What will you do?
- Evaluate customer requests and respond to customers in a timely manner. This includes being the key point of contact for new business and ongoing project discussions, pricing and volume discussions, issue resolving and support functions.
- Identify areas of growth with key customer accounts.
- Frequent communication to senior leadership team regarding strategic account support status.
- Schedule and coordinate internal cross functional team meetings with project teams to monitor progress.
- Monitor existing customer contracts and understand contractual obligations and commitments.
- Assist in the negotiation process and close new and renewal business.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of business/technical/capability presentations.
- Schedule and coordinate quarterly business reviews with key customer accounts. Monitor established performance metrics and scorecard reports.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- B.S. Degree in Scientific Field required with MBA preferred or Professional certifications with management in a Diagnostic or related industry.
- 8-10 years of experience in IVD Industry or FDA regulated manufacturing environment desired
- Strong project management skills are essential. Must be able to lead and/or influence others without direct authority.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent relationship building and persuasion skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Technical or sales background in diagnostic reagent manufacturing/ IVD industry.
- Ability to quickly evaluate situations and take direct appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Well-founded and practiced formal problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and assertive self-starter who can operate effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Sound business acumen and well-developed written skills to prepare monthly reports, reviews and white papers, as well as preparing presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills: well developed verbal skills to successfully communicate to a variety of internal and external audiences, while counseling, negotiating and formally presenting views and/or technical criteria.
- Normal office environment, position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing and employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com