When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring co-workers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Specialty Diagnostics Group (SDG) offers a wide range of diagnostic test kits, reagents, culture media, instruments and associated products in order to serve customers in healthcare, clinical, pharmaceutical, industrial, and food safety laboratories. Thermo Fisher’s healthcare products are used to increase the speed and accuracy of diagnoses, which improves patient care in a more cost-efficient manner. Divisions within SDG include Anatomical Pathology, Clinical Diagnostics, Immunodiagnostics, Fisher Healthcare, Microbiology and Transplant Diagnostics.
How will you make an impact?
In this role, you will work with Group Vice President, Commercial Operations SDG to lead initiatives across the group to drive effectiveness and execution of our SDG-wide CRM strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the Group Leader to establish the group-wide CRM (Salesforce.com) strategy that will leverage our global In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Lab footprint. The CRM focus will entail a shared view of our customers and sales execution approaches across divisions. The focus of the execution will include optimizing a “standard” CRM template and CRM execution that will allow us to serve 50-80% of what any division needs to drive excellence in commercial execution.
What will you do?
- Partner with the Group Leader to lead initiatives across the group to drive effectiveness and execution of our SDG wide CRM strategy.
- Partner with the Group Leader and the division Sales Leaders to drive execution of CRM to achieve commercial revenue goals.
- Lead an initiative to establish a series of development priorities for an SDG wide instance of CRM (Sf.com) that becomes the foundation (50-80% of execution tools) for each lab selling and marketing teams. Tool development will be prioritized and developed along with divisions and SDG IT leadership.
- Partner with Sales Directors and Sales managers (and with SDG Sales Trainer(s) to train and develop on the effective use of CRM tools to drive sales and customer satisfaction. You will actively use your experience and skills to advise, coach and guide sales managers up to sales directors and VPs on effective CRM programs.
- Lead hands-on learning and development programs along with sales training teams.
- Work with digital and marketing teams to develop and implement campaign management methodology across divisions of SDG.
- Use your experience, capability, and capacity to visualize how new digital ecosystem tools can be integrated into SF.com execution to drive commercial success.
- Work closely with Sr. Director Commercial, Regional Sales Directors and other leaders in the CDS business unit to drive execution of CRM strategies across the group.
- Develop, train, and coach direct and matrix teams, upgrade capabilities and recruit and retain exceptional talent.
- Ensure sharing of best practices across the SDG and Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial organizations.
- Continuously improve processes to drive commercial productivity and customer allegiance.
- Lead and provide key input to strategic business initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with CRM and sales operations leaders from all divisions to establish priority IT investments in key tools that will serve to accelerate customer support and drive commercial excellence. These tools are likely to include, digital marketing / Campaign tools, Lead management, Optimal Funnel management to track and accelerate “sales velocity”, key sales optimization tools such as quotations, electronic literature library, customer purchase history (inside CRM) and more. Our goal will be to work with leadership and the divisions to establish IT development priorities and training and development strategies to maximize utilization, execution and therefore revenue ramp.
Along with setting up the tools for success, you will also be working with learning and development teams to establish change management and execution training for sales managers, sales directors and VP of sales. Establishing a program to leverage CRM information to drive customer and sales priorities, leveraging lead generation tools and driving marketing programs thorough CRM is critical.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with a proven track record of leading Sales Operations and CRM functions for in Vitro Diagnostics (preferred), Life Sciences or Medical Device markets
- Experience working with complex clinical laboratory equipment in a service or product management capacity.
- Hands-on experience in a field sales and/or sales leadership for clinical laboratory equipment and consumables is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Sr. Manager/Director should bring with them specific salesforce.com, industry and Thermo Fisher Scientific best practices from which we can draw from.
- Excellent Leadership skills, with proven ability to develop a high-performance, customer-focused and responsive organization and to get things done through others.
- Strong business acumen and use of business analytics to prioritize, lead and influence.
- A process improvement mindset and ability to influence and drive change, directly and in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to effectively lead a global team across different geographic regions to ensure consistent process and standards and sharing of best practices.
- Ability to effectively network and collaborate with peers in other functions and with colleagues in other businesses.
- Excellent ability to develop strategies based on sound analysis and business judgment and to effectively articulate recommendations.
- The position may require frequent travel within US, Europe and Asia customer and internal sites.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.