When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Product Manager leads the global product strategy for a portfolio of products that provide value-added growth for the Human Identification (HID) Business Unit in the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Sr. Product Manager person is responsible for the life-cycle management of a growing portfolio of new and on-market products for forensic genomic applications while acting as the liaison between Sales, Market Development, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Technical/Customer Support and Supply Chain. The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for driving and executing product roadmaps from concept to commercialization including market analysis, product definition, positioning and pricing.
What will you do?
- Develop and implement business strategy for defined portfolio
- Create, manage, and monitor business plans and product roadmaps for new and existing products
- Develop a thorough knowledge of forensic customer segments, conduct market research, and assess competitive landscape
- Understand forensic customer needs, perform voice of customer (VOC), and define product requirements with corresponding business or financial justification
- Understand, follow and be accountable for business aspects of Product Commercialization Process (PCP) for new products
- Develop the global go-to-market strategy for new products including product positioning and pricing for the target segments
- Manage total product lifecycle, setting organizational cadence for retirement, refresh or enhancement of existing products
- Develop pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Analyze, interpret and report out market and channel trends and product sales activities to senior management or other business partners
- Interface with external Key Opinion Leaders to maximize the understanding of applications, opportunities and demands for defined products within the forensic space
- Detail oriented, analytical, and data driven
- Ability to build relationships across different business functions and business units
- A demonstrated leader through influence with strong negotiation skills
- Comfortable with making decisions with some level of uncertainty
- Passionate about challenges, problem solving, and learning new things
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
- Ability to present to all levels of an organization internally and externally
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline
- MBA or PhD preferred
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Track record of success in launching scientifically based products and services for global market
- Demonstrated ability to develop business cases, customer and product requirements for strategic and/or complex products, soliciting and integrating Voice of Customer and User Centered Innovation inputs
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing product lines, pricing, and forecasting
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends, and competitors
- Experience with validated and regulated markets is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
- Works in an office environment. 25-50% travel (domestic and international) is required on periodic basis.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com