Job Title: Project Manager – Mechanical
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Project Management ownership of Sustenance projects
- Develop Project Plan, Risk Management and other requirements as per Business unit specific process.
- Meet the key business KPI/metrics for the project.
- Work with global Product Optimization engineering (POE) teams to maintain alignment on business unit R&D and existing product development road maps and resources.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams during all phases of the toll-gate process
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred PMP or equivalent certification
- 8+ years overall experience with minimum 3 years of project execution experience (relevant) managing through stage-gate processes
- Minimum 2 end to end complex program management experience in the role of Project leader, knowledgeable about PDLC process & Practices.
- Critical Thinking, ability to comprehend the situation/ Problem, Escalate on time
- Effectively identify, measure, communicate and manage risks, recommend options which are supported by a clear fact set and analysis
- Ability to develop stakeholder management plan, strategy to engage and influence them throughout the program’s life cycle
- Experience working with and effectively communicating (listen, speak, present and write) to all levels of management and build working relationship with others outside of the program team
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and “take ownership of issues and tasks”
- Excellent problem solving skills as well as keen analytical abilities
- Expertise in project management in theory and practical experience, Ability to manage Scope, Schedule, cost & Quality requirements and ability to facilitate & implement change management
- Ability to own end to end success of the program, engaging cross functions, ensuring accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, qualitative results
- Competent in the use of program management tools, techniques and software tools.
- Use of negotiation skills and competencies (e.g. negotiating for resources). Making sure the program remains a top priority in the organization’s portfolio, convincing the review Board to make certain decisions when undergoing a stage gate review, and encouraging and promoting stakeholder support.
- Willing to travel based on project need.
- Fair knowledge on Compliance\\regulatory requirements of laboratory equipment’s & Medical devices.
- Working knowledge in project management tools like MPP
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.