Sets-up, operates, adjusts, maintains and cleans all equipment required to inspect, label and package products according to work orders, standard operating procedures and manuals. Assists in guidance of other team members as required.
1. Demonstrates quality consciousness daily by ensuring correctness on all in-process and completed work.
2. Changes tape on tape machine, adjusts cartoner, tray packer inkjet machines and labelers. Set-ups and challenges Vision system. Set-ups bar code readers and challenge systems. Loads equipment with correct components; changes inserts on cartoner and changes plastic foil on thermoformer. Operates packaging line efficiently. Clears and cleans equipment as required before and after all operations.
3. Sets-up, cleans and adjusts inspection, labeling and packaging equipment as required for proper operation, including change-over.
4. Performs preventive maintenance including lubrication, fluid level checks and wear inspection, etc.
5. Clears jams and resolves minor problems. Clears and cleans equipment as required before and after all operations
6. Documents set-up activities on both logbooks and batch records.
7. Guides and assists checker operators in the efficient and proper operation of equipment. Interacts with other packaging personnel to contribute positively to the orderly and efficient operation of the area.
8. Identifies major equipment problems in a timely fashion and alert mechanic for assistance. Reports any irregularities observed during the inspection, labelling and packaging processes to appropriate supervisory personnel.
9. Performs other related duties as required by the job or directed by the supervisor.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
No experience required.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge of appropriate training plans, departmental procedures, including that of equipment, processes, equipment set-ups and changeovers. Operative craft and reading comprehension test. Meet physical requirements of job. Work overtime or shift if required. Good attendance. Pass security clearance for controlled drugs. Demonstrated mechanical inclination and computer skills. Skill in reading, basic math and maintaining accurate records. Show initiative and ability to follow directions. Good judgement. Attention to detail and alertness. Ability to identify machine or process problems. Physical ability to move material and equipment. Demonstrates punctuality and sense of responsibility through adherence to department attendance guidelines.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.