This position is responsible for managing the product and marketing activities for a portfolio of products; Reporting directly to China Product Marketing Manager, the China Product Specialist is responsible for the commercial support of products developed and
manufactured in China for the EPM business, driving product line through the stages of development, growth, maturity and decline, working closely with operational and service support functions to address the commercial issues associated with order fulfillment, quality control and sustaining engineering for China manufactured products. She/he works close with both Global R&D and China CIC (China innovation center), with customers, sales, Manufacturing, even supply chain to implement commercialization activities for new products.
- Product Definition and customer requirement identification – Evolve the product vision, define customer requirement, create product development plan in concert with the global product teams, and work with the appropriate stakeholders in China.
- Product Life Cycle Management - Managing a product as it goes through its life. This includes product positioning, product value proposition, pricing and promotion, product portfolio management and competitive analysis.
- Support the Commercial team in achieving product line revenue targets and growth targets in China through the facilitation of new product development within the China CIC (Innovation Center)
- Product launch plan and project management –Develop marketing plans for assigned products including creating outbound messaging for the products, content for Mar-com collaterals such as datasheets, brochures, website, presentations, press packages, Technical notes, case studies and more in collaboration with the cross-functional teams to launch products in markets.
- Evangelizing the Product - Communicating the product benefits, features and target markets, and in general championing the product to internal teams such as sales, marketing, support and executives.
- Continuously engages with customers, sales, channels, and actively drive innovation funnel through practicing “Voice of Customer” mindset.
- Drive sustaining engineering activities within CMC to address critical product line quality and/or customer issues for locally manufactured products
- Interface with China Country Marketing team, CAD Marketing team and EPM/ESC MarCom to increase product visibility and lead generation via news releases, application notes, technical articles, conference presentations, webinars and promotional activities. Provide input for literature, advertisements, and other marketing components. Participate in trade shows.
- BS/BA in instrument, engineering, chemical analysis or science discipline required. Advanced degree (MBA) preferred.
- 3+ years’ previous product management/marketing experiences or similar role with a proven track record of achieving business targets and aggressive growth in environmental and process monitoring instrumentation in regulatory or non-regulatory Industries .
- Knowledgeable of analyzing instrument like Portable analyzing instrument, Industry health and safety instrument, or Processing analyzer or relative is preferred.
- Native English or Mandarin speaker, fluent in both
- Excellent presentation & writing skills
- 25% domestic travel
Skills and abilities:
- Communication: Ability to present/deliver information to individuals or groups suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Decision-making: Ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of actions or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions.
- Strategic Planning: Ability to use the results of strategic analysis to establish and commit to a course of action in order to accomplish long range goals or the vision of the organization
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with others in order to encourage and support communication and teamwork
- Project Management: Ability to establish a set of tasks and activities associated with an intended outcome and timeline. Ability to ensure actions are performed and/or implemented to achieve the results of the project.