Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Analytical Instruments Group - Materials & Structural Analysis Division
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, FTIR, NIR, NMR UV/VIS and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets. Our worldwide team of 4,600 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit accelerating innovation and driving productivity.
Check out these video’s:
· Corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
· Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
· How to make a microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
· the installation of a Talos atb the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
The Production Engineer SPR is member of the Sustaining Products group within the Engineering Organization. The SPR Engineering group is responsible for Sustaining Products support after transfer from design to volume production and through the product end of life. This group collaborates closely with the Product Lifecycle Management, R&D, manufacturing, logistics, purchasing, quality, and Technical Service Support (TSS) groups to sustain products and define product and process improvements throughout the product lifecycle
The primary focus of the Production Engineer SPR is to provide technical support in order to enable efficient solutions for problems in manufacturing, field and supply chain. This means you will work close with operations engineers NPI when products will become mature. You will check on manufacturability (factory requirements), reliability and serviceability. Furthermore the operations engineer SPR solves ad hoc technical problems. This can be on our own factory floor but also at suppliers.
Special to this job is that we work on low volume, high complex, long leadtime products. Broad range of technical skills is a must.
This position interfaces mostly with, manufacturing, service, logistics, purchasing, and quality groups to ensure development of sustainable products according to the latest quality standards, at lowest COGS and in line with best practices. (Value engineering/obsolescence/ cost reviews).
Specific deliverables associated with this position include:
• Provide Input for the operations engineer NPI engineer during the Product Management Process (PMP) for New Product Introductions. This includes analysis and investigation and response to systems design proposals. Specific attention will be placed on design for manufacturability, testability, reliability, sustainability and serviceability
• Support factory and field escalation service engineers with first builds, installs and upgrades of introduced systems or escalations support systems and modules to ensure proper working order. This may require travel to various customer locations or suppliers. (Max 2 times per year for installs/escalations). Our biggest suppliers are mostly stationed local(Netherlands)
• Set up process related training (e.g. how to deal with capital goods in our warehouse) final test, install and repair procedures (work instructions). May develop advanced troubleshooting procedures. Development and maintenance of technical product and process documentation
• Conduct detailed troubleshooting and analysis of system or component level problems that affect reliability, performance, manufacturability etc. You will interpret business intelligence information and solve problems according to the Shainin method
• Support the supply chain with Engineering Change Order execution and engineering expertise for component and subassembly sourcing. This includes the analysis of parts for reliability, vendor qualification and supplier quality issues. Interaction with external suppliers/vendors
• Support Field Service and the Global Technical Support with product and/or process escalations as necessary
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Typically required, a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other relevant degree
• Typically requires 2-7 years of experience and engineering working knowledge. Preferably of physics related to optics and system integration of high end tools.
• Candidate must have hands-on mentality; you love high end technical complex tools and problems.
• Additional preference for working knowledge of electron beam technology and basic software programming.
• Being able to read and interpret Business Intelligence data and take appropriate action on data found, problems occurring, manage and involve necessary stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of multiple cross-functional departments and sites without damaging relationships, team player.
• You’re able to work structured, according to plan.
A highly dynamic and challenging high tech environment where you will be interfacing with stakeholders across all levels of our organization. We guide you through factory training in the first 5 months, where you will learn ins and outs on our Transmission Electron Microscopes! You will be trained in our PMP process, mentored by our specialists and will learn project management. We offer contract with a good market conform salary and excellent secondary benefit, training and room for growth in technical, leadership and project management skills.