As a leader of the Information Technology team, assist in the development and execution of the Information Technology (IT) strategy and support operations. Assist in the development and execution of multi-year IT roadmaps for a specified Technical Area (TA).
- Supports strategic and operational imperatives requiring IT enablement for the group.
- Ensures system compliance with governmental regulations (i.e. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), etc.) for assigned TA function.
- Supports the Business System Owners, associated governance and steering committees and other required management structures for assigned TA function.
- Provides input into the creation and ongoing management of capital expense (Capex) plans related to TA portfolios.
- Manages operational expense (Opex) for assigned TA. Helps to ensure clear aligned Capex/Opex management as part of the overall IT financial management process. Act as the primary point of emergency escalation when required.
- Identifies innovative technical and process solutions that drive the desired performance in cost, quality, compliance, customer service and revenue.
- Drive the lab IT strategy globally for Pharmaceutical Services Group, while working with BSO’s in developing ROI business cases for new initiatives and ensuring maximum value/return/use of all Lab assets.
- Act as Program Manager providing guidance and direction to internal & external project management teams/resources on processes and procedures.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Lab and related systems (Empower, LIMS etc) requiring working knowledge of the systems and their deployment architecture.
- Drive Center of Excellence (CoE) within key areas of Labs and foster cross site sharing collaboration of best practice.
- Establish effective & consistent policies & procedures for maintenance and support of Lab Systems
- Proactively researches new lab IT technology and engages the Lab Leads for continuous feedback on potential system enhancements / improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, engineering, or related field required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in IT with five years of experience in a management role.
- 3-5 years of IT experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, regulated businesses preferred. Experience providing leadership in a matrix environment preferred.
- Direct experience in managing global IT outsource services preferred.
- Working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Depending on area of assignment, knowledge of lab systems, quality systems, operational excellence and/or process improvement systems preferred.
- Current knowledge of IT industry trends.
- Ability to maintain industry-leading subject matter expertise (SME) in the field of IT.
- Ability to translate business needs into solutions. Knowledge of end user computing and networking systems.
- Superior customer service and communication skills required.
- Some organizational change management capability.
- Ability to manage projects and initiatives.
- Strong business unit consulting skills.
- Ability to travel moderately (once per month) – or more frequently as needed.