When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Manager, Product Marketing for The Ion Chromatography/ Sample Preparation (IC/SP) will be responsible for leading a team of Product Marketing Managers accountable for creating and operationalizing go-to-market strategies for existing and new market segments by incorporating customer needs, competitive dynamics, portfolio positioning, product requirements, and profitability goals.
The Senior Manager, Product Marketing will work with Marketing organizations (at the business unit and divisional level), Product Management and Commercial Organizations across the world. We are looking for a strong leader able to inspire, coach and mentor a diverse team to drive strategic planning and demand for products through product positioning and promotions, making calls to action for removing all impediments to successfully customer experiences. The role demands for proactive leadership and management in driving initiatives and requires a talented and flexible individual with strong communications skills, adept business knowledge and organizational abilities. We seek an experienced business professional capable of bridging customer needs and broader market trends to solutions requirements and go-to-market strategy. Intense engagement and cooperation with teams across the organization will be instrumental in gathering feedback on market trends, portfolio performance and competitive dynamics.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Leading the Product Marketing team to create Business Unit Level Strategic Planning and Marketing Plans
- Providing mentorship and career guidance to the Product Marketing team
- Helping develop the portfolio vision and continuously communicating it to internal and external stakeholders
- Leading direct and indirect reports to successfully accomplish business goals
- Ensuring deliverables for New Product Introductions
- Lead initiatives to drive demand for products in the portfolio through positioning and promotions
- Communicating vision, strategy, and initiative roadmaps to executives, customers, and internal stakeholders
- Coordinating and synchronizing marketing-related activities with other functions of the Organization such as Divisional Marketing, Product Training, and Commercial Organizations.
- Leading the creation of content for marketing collateral including white papers, presentations, case studies, blogs, eBooks, primers, protocols, videos, selection guides, and customer success stories
- Responsible for working with Divisional Marketing to develop public relations and brand messaging
- Outlines pricing discounts, warranty, and trade-ins
- Leads efforts to program trade shows / conferences / roadshows
- Taking an active role in seeking and supporting customer feedback as a regular part of marketing activities
- Conducting market research and voice of customer (VOC) for data driven decision making by obtaining and interpreting market information via surveys, market analysis, focus groups and customer feedback
- Building an effective Product marketing Team
- Leading the creation of training material and tools
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in physical or life science, chemistry or engineering discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in Life Sciences area, with Ion Chromatography experience a strong plus
- Knowledge and experience in the Food and beverage market desired
- 7-10 years of experience in product management or related functions
- Strong (5+ years ) management and business leadership experience
- Strong VOC experience, with the ability to develop product vision.
- Ability to build, manage, and inspire teams across a matrix environment; effective at influencing others and building relationships; collaborative approach
- Experience leading a team within a multinational / multicultural environment
- Proven ability to create strong strategic business cases which align with roadmaps along with compelling financial returns
- Strong marketing experience paired with strategic thinking
- Demonstrated confidence in written, interpersonal and oral communication is essential
- Ability to understand technology and articulate strong customer value/benefit propositions is critical.
- Proactive, independent, assertive, self-starter with the ability to work with a diverse and global team.
- Ability to travel 30% - domestic & international
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.