When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As the Senior Manager of Digital Marketing, you will be responsible for defining, building and implementing customer marketing and marketing operations for Materials and Structural Analysis Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific. Reporting into the Vice President of Marketing, this person will provide leadership, strategic direction and division oversight while partnering with the business units, this executive will drive efforts to accelerate the business by generating customer demand and loyalty through a clear and compelling marketing strategy, digital marketing campaigns, web and creative services, and marketing operations activities.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, working with the business units to:
Grow the Value Proposition
- Utilize the Voice of the Customer to develop and drive use of personas in marketing activities – drive to a deep understanding of the profile and motivations of MSD’s customer base, including indirect customers and partners.
- Assess and understand the competition’s value to MSD’s target customer base
- Define value propositions based on the intersection of the needs of the customer, target audience, the value the business provides, and the gaps in the competitive landscape.
- Develop marketing messaging and materials consistent with the business’ value proposition
Develop and Implement an Aggressive Go To Market (GTM) Strategy
- Develop an integrated digital marketing platform for MSD across key markets, product areas, industries, sales channels (i.e., both direct and via the channel) and customer segments.
- Maximize reach and engagement using all the tools of integrated marketing: PR, social, web, direct marketing, advertising, events and other approaches.
- Develop programs to reengage customers and to deepen customer loyalty
- Develop specific go-to-market for direct sales and channel sales
- Ensure all marketing communications are current and reflect the messaging based on the Value Proposition and MSD’s brands. Manage marketing campaigns to drive sales and brand preference.
- Prioritize and sequence initiatives for greatest effectiveness and alignment to business needs.
- Strengthen and dramatically raise the level of professionalism and quality of all marketing, including plan development, messaging, positioning, advertising, collateral, exhibits, events, etc.
- Manage and maximize the customer marketing budget and team, creating a cadence of accountability and demonstrating ROI impact.
Learn, Measure and Adapt
- Learn – continuously understand the customer and competition to refine marketing strategies. Capture customer intelligence and use customer feedback to drive improvement approach and message.
- Define and measure the return of all marketing activities and investments.
- Analyze results of marketing programs and modify strategies to support business objectives and continuously improve the marketing function.
Digital Marketing and Lead Generation
- Drive learning and adoption of marketing and sales automation technology, tools and processes, customer insights, marketing tools such as A/B testing, social, search
- Leverage marketing technologies to reach the target audience, drive MSD’s brand awareness and measure results
- Work with Sales Operations team to implement a lead generation process to generate leads, nurture leads and opportunities and drive conversion to sales
- Manage our digital strategy and execution across owned web properties including Thermofisher.com, FEI.com, Phenomworld.com as well as third party
- Leverage global organization to execute globally
- Lead creative services organization which designs, develops, and executes creative briefs, including branding, copy, visual, and online/offline collateral and digital marketing
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business or Technical/Engineering
- 10 -13 years' experience in marketing
- Experience preferably in an industrial, B2C or technology industry
- Digital marketing experience is a must
- MBA preferred
Additional qualifications preferred:
- Experience developing and executing marketing strategies and go-to-market plans
- Previous success in determining messaging and appropriate channels for getting message to the market
- Strong strategic thinking/planning skills, with a proven track record of executing marketing programs that deliver measurable results
- In-depth understanding of digital marketing utilization to drive growth
- Experience developing holistic demand generation programs
- Demonstrated ability to successfully balance the achievement of short-term objectives (quarterly orders/sales objectives, expense management, etc.) with longer-term strategic goals
- Practical experience doing business on a global scale
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written, oral, listening, influencing, coaching, strategic communication planning.)
- Proven ability to work within a climate of ambiguity.
- Strong business acumen; sound business-sense and judgment.
- Executive presence; ability to partner with our senior-most executives and customers
- Demonstrated leadership competencies such as teamwork, creative problem solving, flexibility and willingness to challenge the status quo.
This position requires a criminal history background check. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the applicant from employment. A drug screen will also be administered.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration as we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.