Content Engine R&D Infectious Disease Controls Scientist, Vilnius, Lithuania
- To take a leading role in the development of controls for infectious diseases and transfer of molecular biology products from R&D to manufacturing and provide technical support to manufacturing for on-market products.
- To work collaboratively with product management, bioinformatics, manufacturing, and other R&D teams to take provide support to other new microbial focused assay products and applications through concept, feasibility, development, and commercialization. Long term focus to extend to developing products in Oncology.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in developing products within a robust product development process and have the technical capability to develop experimental hypotheses, design and perform experiments, analyze data sets, and write protocols and reports. In addition, this position requires interacting with project teams remotely so applicants should have good written and oral communication skills and be comfortable working independently without direct, day-to-day supervision.
- MS or PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, oncology or related field.
- Intimate knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry, qPCR, capillary electrophoresis, microarray and/or next generation sequencing technologies.
- Experience with technical data analysis software and genome/transcriptome databases, has an applications background in infectious disease.
- Exercises independent judgment within defined procedures and is disciplined to be action-oriented and flexible.
- Can work under time pressure to deliver in short timelines to meet customer needs.
- Problem solves using knowledge of technical product details, design control and basic regulatory issues.
- Recommends and executes changes to processes, procedures or products internally to the department.
- Follows strict operating procedures in a regulated environment (ISO13485, ISO9001, GMP, etc…)